Or contact Pleasanton Garbage Service at: (925) 846-2042 for a free waste assessment and assistance on implementing a new organics collection program at your site.
Effective January 1, 2017 Alameda County’s Mandatory Recycling Ordinance requires all businesses and institutions (regardless of garbage service volume) to subscribe to recycling service and to add requirements to collect food scraps and compostable paper separately from garbage. Click here for more information.
Your complex should have one or more of the following:
Mixed Recycling bins or carts - Accepted materials include all:
Free Assistance & Resources
PGS offers the following assistance and resources to help you set up and maintain an effective, convenient workplace recycling program.
- Free Waste Assessment to determine your trash, recycling & organics / food waste needs
- Free Set-up & Ongoing Support to help you maintain your program
- Free Instructional Materials (How-To-Guides, posters, decals, etc.)
Container sizes (click here for bin and cart dimensions):
- Recycling bins are available in sizes ranging from 1 - 7 cubic yards.
- Recycling carts are available in 35 and 95 gallon sizes.
- For more information about AB 341, please visit CalRecycle's website
- Commercial How-To-Guide
- Mixed Recycling Poster
- Mixed Recycle Decal
- Food, Waste Organics Poster
- Food Waste Decal - Large
- Food Waste Decal - Small
- Paper Towel Decal
- No fluorescent light bulbs or tubes
- No appliances, TV's, computers, monitors, other electronic waste
- No paint, chemicals cleaners, solvents, other toxic chemicals
- No syringes or needles (sharps)
Improperly disposing of these items and other hazardous waste can result in serious harm to the health of people, pets, wildlife, and our environment. Containers found to have these materials will not be collected until such materials are removed. Click here for local options for properly disposing of your household hazardous waste, or contact your property manager for assistance.