Businesses, institutions, nonprofits, and multi-family properties must subscribe to compost and recycling collection service, set up color-coded and labeled indoor bins, ensure proper sorting, and educate employees, contractors and tenants about the law at least annually. Certain food generating businesses must also donate surplus edible food to food recovery (rescue) organizations or services instead of composting it.
PGS offers a variety of garbage and collection services designed to meet your community’s specific needs. We offer free resources to help make recycling as convenient as possible for residents. Property Managers can call PGS at 925-846-2042 to learn more about available resources and how we can help you start, maintain or expand your recycling program.
Service is provided on a weekly basis, Monday through Friday, except for Holidays (see Holiday information).
Your complex should have one or more of the following:
Mixed Recycling bins or carts - Accepted materials include all:
Recycling in your Workplace
PGS offers a variety of garbage and recycling collection services designed to meet your specific needs. We offer free resources to help make recycling as convenient as possible at your place of business and free technical assistance and resources for property management as well. Call PGS at 925-846-2042 to learn more about available resources and how we can help you start, maintain or expand your recycling program.
PGS Collection Services (available container sizes below):
- Discounted! Mixed Recycling Bins - Recycle your clean dry paper, cardboard, glass containers, plastic bottles and metal cans in a single container!
- Discounted! Cardboard Only Recycling (front loading bins) - For businesses that generate larger amounts of corrugated cardboard on a regular basis.Click here for program rules.
- Discounted! Food Waste/Organics Recycling (bins & carts) - For restaurants, markets and other businesses that generate food waste/compostable materials on a regular basis.
- Drop Boxes/Roll Off Containers - Drop boxes ranging in size from 15 to 40 cubic yards are available for commercial and residential projects. Service is provided Monday through Friday. Please contact PGS at 925-846-2042 for more information including rates.
Free Assistance & Resources
PGS offers the following assistance and resources to help you set up and maintain an effective, convenient workplace recycling program.
- Free Waste Assessment to determine your trash, recycling & organics / food waste needs
- Free Set-up & Ongoing Support to help you maintain your program
- Free Instructional Materials (How-To-Guides, posters, decals, etc.)
Container sizes (click here for bin and cart dimensions):
- Recycling bins are available in sizes ranging from 1 - 7 cubic yards.
- Recycling carts are available in 96 gallon sizes.
- For more information about California’s Mandatory Commercial Recycling Law (AB 341) visit CalRecycle’s website
- For more information please download our How-to-Guide
- Mixed Recycling Decal
- Mixed Recycling Poster
- City of Pleasanton - SB 1383 Requirement for Businesses and Multi-Family Properties
It is illegal to dispose of hazardous materials in garbage or recycling containers (see below for prohibited items). Improperly disposing of hazardous and toxic waste can result in serious harm to the health of people, pets, wildlife, and our environment. Containers found to have these materials will not be collected until such materials are removed.
Alameda County offers special programs for businesses generating small quantities of hazardous and/or universal waste. Visit StopWaste.org for more information for more information about local disposal options.
You can also check the City of Pleasanton Household Hazardous Waste Programs for local disposal options.